Messaggi raccomandati

c8dc58322de780e2cf9337761d166dac.jpg

Linda Thompson - Proxy Music (2024) 96-24
Genre: Folk Rock
Format: FLAC (*tracks)
Quality: Lossless [96kHz/24 bit]
Time: 39:46
Full Size: 758.15 MB

Afflicted with a disease that's robbed her of the ability to sing, Linda Thompson has, however, never quit writing. She's gathered a diverse group of her favorite singers to give voice to this collection of new songs. Proxy Music begins appropriately enough with "The Solitary Traveller," with daughter Kami Thompson speaking her mother's truth, "I had a voice clear and true/ I chided and scolded and lied about you/ Never held my wicked tongue/ And now that voice is gone."

In addition to Kami, has ex-husband Richard playing on one track and son Teddy adding his vocals and guitar to several more. The closer "Those Damn Roches," sung by Teddy, is a celebration of storied families of folk music, including the Coppers, the McGarrigle-Wainwrights, the Waterson-McCarthys, and the group of sisters referenced in the title. Sad, sepia tones color "Or Nothing at All," sung by Martha Wainwright, and the Celtic-tinged lament about a child who has grown distant, "Bonnie Lass"-beautifully animated by The Proclaimers: "Though she stays so far away/ She's always here." Rufus Wainwright vibrantly croons "Darling This Will Never Do" in full lounge lizard mode.

As demonstrated by the album's cover art-which amusingly recreates the one that graced Roxy Music's self-titled debut-Thompson may have lost her voice but not her sense of humor. "John Grant"-sung by the titular singer/songwriter, formerly of the Czars-features a sharp, winking couplet about eating cake, "A moment on the lips/ A lifetime on the hips."

Assisted by Kami and her husband James Walbourne (who together perform as The Rails), Linda makes her only vocal appearance, albeit very softly, on "Mudlark." And the underrated Dori Freeman adds just the right amount of regret-tinged emotionalism to "Shores of America." A revelatory collection from a fierce songwriter. Some voices can never be silenced. © Robert Baird/Qobuz

7323b5de344cdb4ff91b3db1d0bba37c.jpg

Please login or register to see this quote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_kxwNJBh8I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H423aQuPxco

941b20c9edbd76c98e7f7b431b5d2998.gif

Please login or register to see this code.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Partecipa alla conversazione

Puoi pubblicare ora e registrarti più tardi. Se hai un account, accedi ora per pubblicarlo con il tuo account.

Ospite
Rispondi a questa discussione...

×   Hai incollato il contenuto con la formattazione.   Rimuovere la formattazione

Sono consentiti solo 75 emoticon max.

×   Il tuo collegamento è stato incorporato automaticamente.   Mostra come un collegamento

×   Il tuo contenuto precedente è stato ripristinato.   Pulisci editor

×   Non puoi incollare le immagini direttamente. Carica o inserisci immagini dall'URL.

Condividi

• Crea Nuovo...