Messaggi raccomandati

7oqbowsq.jpg

The Last Dinner Party - Prelude to Ecstasy (2024) 48-24
Genre: Indie Rock, Indie Pop
Format: FLAC (*tracks)
Quality: Lossless [48kHz/24 bit]
Time: 41:08
Full Size: 507.12 MB

The Last Dinner Party is a love-them-or-hate-them band: Either you are charmed by the theatricality-the high-fashion take on barmaid/wench costumery, singer Abigail Morris' over-the-top delivery, the musical girl-power of it all-or you are likely to roll your eyes. Lush, louche, lusty and fun, the band's songs and style draw from a history of Siouxsie Sioux, Bryan Ferry, Florence Welch and early '80s New Romantics. It's the kind of grand-scale zeitgeist shift, kick-started by Wet Leg, that was inevitable after the humble trend of lo-fi bedroom pop. "Nothing Matters," the alternative-radio hit, is truly excellent, with an alchemic formula of clicky New Wave drums, hair-metal guitar riffs, vivid trumpets and a cathartic chorus meant to be shouted at shows: "And you can hold me like he held her/ And I will fuck you like nothing matters." "Caesar on a TV Screen" is wonderfully weird, encompassing swoony verses, a mischievous Roxy Music-style pre-chorus and a majestic chorus. Morris (who sounds like her arched eyebrow never drops) chews up all the scenery-over-enunciating, milking her English accent, and having the time of her life-with lines like "And just for a second, I could be one of the greats/ I am Caesar on a TV screen, champion of my fate!" Earworm "My Lady of Mercy" is about having a crush on Joan of Arc and sounds like crusaders rushing into battle, complete with cheerleader handclaps, rumble-strip rhythm, a snarling guitar line from Emily Robert and a monster chorus. The Infectious "Sinner" offers tempestuous Morris the sweetened foil of guitarist Lizzie Mayland, as the two trade verses and harmonize over Aurora Nishevci's baroque piano; it feels like a delightful game of cat-and-mouse. Appropriately, Prelude to Ecstasy is mixed by A-list producer Alan Moulder, who has a long history of working with high-drama bands like My Bloody Valentine, Nine Inch Nails and Interpol, and he helps The Last Dinner Party go up to 11: Spinal Tap meets Velvet Goldmine. (Visually, it's hard to recall a rock band having this much fun with fashion-referencing everything from Picnic At Hanging Rock to Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette-since early Duran Duran and Culture Club.) Even the less-bombastic moments, like ballerina-sweet piano ballad "On Your Side" or the chamber pop of "Portrait of a Dead Girl," play cinematically. © Shelly Ridenour/Qobuz

7323b5de344cdb4ff91b3db1d0bba37c.jpg

Please login or register to see this quote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC5DX7hPQhU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqcYU_eoihU

941b20c9edbd76c98e7f7b431b5d2998.gif

Please login or register to see this code.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Partecipa alla conversazione

Puoi pubblicare ora e registrarti più tardi. Se hai un account, accedi ora per pubblicarlo con il tuo account.

Ospite
Rispondi a questa discussione...

×   Hai incollato il contenuto con la formattazione.   Rimuovere la formattazione

Sono consentiti solo 75 emoticon max.

×   Il tuo collegamento è stato incorporato automaticamente.   Mostra come un collegamento

×   Il tuo contenuto precedente è stato ripristinato.   Pulisci editor

×   Non puoi incollare le immagini direttamente. Carica o inserisci immagini dall'URL.

Condividi

• Crea Nuovo...