bigi5d3d9b3a63405jpi2y.jpg

Max Richter - Sleep (2016) [Blu-ray Audio]
Label: Deutsche Grammophon [479 5682]
Genre: Modern Classical
Quality: Blu-ray Audio
Audio: English / LPCM Audio / 2.0 / 96 kHz / 4608 kbps / 24-bit
Time: 08:24:25
Full Size: 21.03 GB

Acclaimed British composer Max Richter is about to make history, with a ground-breaking piece of work the longest single piece of music ever recorded!

His new album SLEEP is an eight-hour Lullaby. An exploration of music, consciousness and human connectivity and is actually intended to send the listener to sleep.

The landmark work is played on piano, strings, with subtle electronic touches and vocals but no words. It s my personal lullaby for a frenetic world. A manifesto for a slower pace of existence. It would be great if people were to start playing it while they are getting ready for bed, so that they hear it in their sleep. Max Richter

Richter came up with the idea as he has always been fascinated by the process of sleep. As a child, it was my absolute favourite activity. I often think of composing as a daydreaming activity and, if I could, I would sleep for 23 hours a day! It s one of the most important things we all do and for me it s almost like a religion.

During his preparations, Richter consulted the eminent American neuroscientist David Eagleman, in order to understand the mechanisms of the sleeping mind, and the ways in which music can interact with them, which has directly influenced the composer s writing.

Richter describes it as an investigation into the process of sleep. It s really an experiment to try and understand how we experience music in different states of consciousness awake and asleep and ask whether different people hear it in different ways. For me, this piece of music is an attempt to see how that space where your conscious mind is on holiday can be a place for music to live.

The dream state is like you have switched the whole factory over, but there is still this window to the senses, so that the things you are hearing can get incorporated into your dream, and we have all had this experience when, for example your alarm clock goes off and it becomes part of your dream narrative. David Eagleman in conversation with Max Richter

Setlist:

Please login or register to see this quote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W6W-kTZuUc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPBEvT6TerU

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/161013/fgubkvif.gif

3dfba511a119944a2ce9286b298f3e44.gif

Please login or register to see this code.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Partecipa alla conversazione

Puoi pubblicare ora e registrarti più tardi. Se hai un account, accedi ora per pubblicarlo con il tuo account.

Ospite
Rispondi a questa discussione...

×   Hai incollato il contenuto con la formattazione.   Rimuovere la formattazione

Sono consentiti solo 75 emoticon max.

×   Il tuo collegamento è stato incorporato automaticamente.   Mostra come un collegamento

×   Il tuo contenuto precedente è stato ripristinato.   Pulisci editor

×   Non puoi incollare le immagini direttamente. Carica o inserisci immagini dall'URL.

Condividi

• Crea Nuovo...