Messaggi raccomandati

8950f461ed214d922742a23cbd34eb8c.jpeg

Rostam - Changephobia (2021) 96-24
Genre: Alternative Rock
Format: FLAC (*tracks)
Quality: Lossless [96 kHz/24 bit]
Time: 38:10
Full Size: 801.99 MB

Cars play an important role on the second solo album from Rostam Batmanglij, the instrumentalist who gave his former band Vampire Weekend its globe-hopping charm. It makes sense, given the meaning of the made-up title: "Transphobia, biphobia, homophobia-these words hold a weight of threat, and it occurred to me that ... the fears they describe are rooted in a fear of change," Rostam has said. It's almost like as if this record is a map for getting to a new, more open way of thinking, being, living. "Don't wanna be pretty like a girl/ I think I'm pretty much your boy," he sings on the perky "4Runner," an ode to road tripping and finding cooperation in love. The manic rhythm and big-shouldered baritone sax-an interesting new signature for Rostam after a long embrace of cello and harpsichord-of "Kinney" is a rousing push-and-pull against the somnambulistic lyrics: "In your car I fall asleep/ pass out in the front seat/ on the pavement I was half alive/ half ocean, half sky/ half shore, half tide." The record also sometimes feels as if it's not of this world. "These Kids We Knew" starts off sounding underwater, comes more clearly into focus, then continues to bob in and out. Written in a "fever-dream state" while recovering from COVID, the song is about Gen Z putting older generations on trial for not caring enough about global warming and the problems they piled on. "Next Thing" is like a collision of two worlds: It warps abruptly from bouncy NYC jazz pop, with Rostam about to break into knowing laughter ("What makes you think you're any better/ 'Cause you're not/ take a seat and a slot/ on the bus heading West"), into a languid Pacific dream: "The next thing I knew I was in California / It didn't feel strange at all/ Everybody said/ 'I've got to warn you, you won't be back next fall.'" It's absolutely lovely. "From the Back of a Cab" is glitchy and beautiful. "Unfold You"-again with that baritone sax -is breathy, sexy, practically R&B. The hand drums of "Bio18" are meditative. And the pretty, nostalgic closer "Starlight" feels like a modern re-casting of Chet Baker. © Shelly Ridenour/Qobuz

7323b5de344cdb4ff91b3db1d0bba37c.jpg

Please login or register to see this quote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoWjqIQ5rxM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14qMD7-anoM

941b20c9edbd76c98e7f7b431b5d2998.gif
f0808d22256c887c852e10f5578f479c.jpeg

Please login or register to see this code.

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Partecipa alla conversazione

Puoi pubblicare ora e registrarti più tardi. Se hai un account, accedi ora per pubblicarlo con il tuo account.

Ospite
Rispondi a questa discussione...

×   Hai incollato il contenuto con la formattazione.   Rimuovere la formattazione

Sono consentiti solo 75 emoticon max.

×   Il tuo collegamento è stato incorporato automaticamente.   Mostra come un collegamento

×   Il tuo contenuto precedente è stato ripristinato.   Pulisci editor

×   Non puoi incollare le immagini direttamente. Carica o inserisci immagini dall'URL.

Condividi

• Crea Nuovo...